How to install
- Download and install the Selenium library for Microsoft Excel from
- Download the latest ChromeDriver from google: http://chromedriver.chromium.org/
- Replace the Chromedriver found in C:\Users\CryptoNTez\AppData\Local\SeleniumBasic with the downloaded ChromeDriver file. (notice that “CryptoNTez” is my username, you should use your own on your pc!)
- Acquire access to the Tradingview Backtesting Tool from my website Store at Cryptontez.com/store
How to use
- Once you’ve installed all the files, open the TradingView Backtesting Tool
- Fill-in the table with all the Assets that you want to backtest in TradingView.
Important: Keep the naming convention, it needs to be exactly as it appears in TradingView.
3. Click Run Backtesting on TradingView
4. Once Tradingview opens, check that the only indicator added to the chart is the one you want to backtest , then click OK in the msgbox that excel will show.
5. Wait for it to finish and that’s it!
Potential Errors and Fixes
- SessionNotCreatedError Line 33…:
Download this custom version of the chromedriver patch.
- Error 91:
Go to the selenium folder
there is a folder there that is called “scripts”
try to run the one that is “Start Chrome”
and install Frameworks 3.5 when requested.
Hope you find it useful and it saves a lot of time on your trading adventure :)
BTW, if you want a custom version for any other script, shoot me a DM on Twitter or Tradingview :)